Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sympathy Cards are hard to make

A week ago my friend called me to tell me her husband had passed away in his sleep....he was only 41. How do you make a card for that? I put it off and put it off till finally I just went into my craft room and started working. I found a base card I had started but never finished and it was exactly what I needed.

I follow Sherry Cheever's blog where she does a lot of AWESOME things and thought it was time to TRY my hand at it. I'm sure there's a name for her techniques but I don't have a clue what you would call it.

So here is the sympathy card I made from my friend JoJo. There are no words I could write that would help but I tried. She knows how much we love her, so I'm hoping the card will give her a little comfort.






Here is what I used:
Cardstock: Kraft, Parisian Breeze DP (retired), Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze (retired)
Ink: Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip for sponging
Stamps: Script Background (retired) All Year Cheer I (retired)
Accessories: Spiral Punch Scallop Circle Punch, Button Latte, Sponge, embossing folder, Labels One die cuts, SU Brown Satin Ribbon (retired) hemp twine

As you may have noticed in this and the previous post, I've used lots of Retired SU stamp sets. That's the wonderful thing about their sets, even though they are retired, it doesn't mean you aren't going to use them anymore!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I am so sorry for your friends loss, that is so difficult especially when he was so very young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete