Tuesday, July 19, 2011

EMBOSSED MEDALLION

I've been inspired by Pat Huntoon. Go see her blog here. After visiting her I got out my embossing powder and heat gun and away I went!

This first card is Emboss Resist where I stamped the Medallion Background Stamp with Versamark on Very Vanilla cardstock, then used a clear embossing powder. Then I sponged it with Crumb Cake.

Stamp Set: Medallion
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Ink: Crumb Cake, Versamark
Accessories: sponges, antique brad, eyelet border punch



This next card again uses the Medallion Background Stamp. This time I used the Rock and Roll Technique where I inked the new In Color Pool Party in the middle and added Baja Breeze on the outside. Then on a separate piece of paper I inked the center with the In Color Island Indigo. I then covered it with versamark and covered it in clear embossing powder. Then I used the 2 1/2" circle punch to cut it out. I added dimensionals and a rhinestone brad and attached it to the card. Then I used scallop trim border punch and white satin ribbon.



I hope you enjoy viewing these cards.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love your 'rock and roll' blue medallion card! It's so beautiful!
    Chris in Calgary, AB Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card designs for someone who doesn't like doilies! The emboss resist is so delicate but elegant. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't hold it against me that I don't like doilies! LOL But I DO love my medallion!!!!

    ReplyDelete