Monday, April 19, 2010

I LOVE TO CASE!!

I was browsing through Stampin' Up!'s website stampinconnection and found this beautiful card that I had to CASE (copy and share everything) which sometimes stands for copy and STEAL everything.

Sometimes when MO & JO have left for a mini vacation and you have to make some cards, the next best thing is to CASE!! I tell you what, looking through all those cards can really inspire you. And you know what else? You can CASE something and it never turns out EXACTLY like the other card. But they have chosen the template, the colors and even the stamp set to use...what else do you need? So this is my version of Lisa Young's card. See her blog here.

I didn't have the same stamp set so I used Elements of Style instead. I wanted water color but with the image only being one stamp, I had to color with markers then spritz with water onto the inked up stamp. Then I stamped onto the Kraft carstock. I rewet it and stamped again and used that image to punch out.

Then I created my own spritzer by using 1/3 of the bottle with water, adding 6 drops of chocolate chip reinker and 1 drop of frost white shimmer paint. Loverly! Someone told me that instead of water, try using rubbing alcohol.

So I hope you like it as much as I do! Give it a try and see what you come up with!



This is an upclose shot of the butterfly. Purty huh?


Recipe:

Stamp Set: Elements of Style (#120045 C) in new Summer Mini
Cardstock: Taken with Teal (#101584), Kraft (#107070)
Markers: Orchid Opulence (#100055), Mellow Moss (#100038), Taken with Teal (#100068)
Accessories: Hemp Twine (#100982), 1 1/4" square punch (#104400), Beautiful Wings Embosslits (#118138) Occasions Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment